• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Depidex

• Thread starter Thread starter hayleyandjohn
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hayleyandjohn

Hi, does anyone know where i can get some depidex from?
Ivomec I'm finding expensive and my boys have wrigglies and i keep bathing them and disinfecting their hutch and the little buggars just keep coming back!
please help!

hayleyandjohn said:
Hi, does anyone know where i can get some depidex from?
Ivomec I'm finding expensive and my boys have wrigglies and i keep bathing them and disinfecting their hutch and the little buggars just keep coming back!
please help!
Ive not heard of this but if its cheaper than Ivo then that would help us

I'm sorry but I've never heard of it either.
By "wriglies" do you mean lice or skin mites?

Barbara

Its used on sheep i think and its a form of ivomec.

sorry by wrigglies i meant those wriggly lice, eugh!

never heard of it myself but I am an ivomec fan and woud'nt try bother with anything else as i know it works , have you tried buying it from different places the price might be a big difference, my hugh bottle cost me £26 but its hugh and will last me years there does'nt seem to be a shelf life and i keep it in a dark drawer to extend its potency,

The best thing I have found for getting rid of lice is the Lice'n easy shampoo from gorgeous guineas, works every time ;)

I have been using lice n easy and i have also bought the neem shampoo but again they just keep coming back.
Perhaps i am getting the ivomec from the wrong place. The only pet store in my area really is pets at home and it costs £4.99 for 4 sachets and if you have a pig about 1kg you need to put two sachets on and the ones that have got lice 4 of them are over that so was looking at other options.
I would also like to get ivomec or something to protect them from other things aswel.

michellemuffin said:
never heard of it myself but I am an ivomec fan and woud'nt try bother with anything else as i know it works , have you tried buying it from different places the price might be a big difference, my hugh bottle cost me £26 but its hugh and will last me years there does'nt seem to be a shelf life and i keep it in a dark drawer to extend its potency,

Hi Michelle

Wht size bottle and what product exactly is it that you have? Only I paid £90 for a litre! Not too bad because my father in law has sheep and is going to use it too.

Gemma x

Hi Gemma its made by Norbrook and its a bottle with 250ml in it , I brought it from Animal health suppliers on 01977 682305 in Leeds its lasting me ages as i only do mine routinely every 6 months and new ones and i have 33 pigs now still loads left I tend to put some in small brown medicine bottle so I can get a syringe in it

is ivomec what you get from vets? mine keep getting mites and it is costing me a fortune at vets. cost me £18.29 for course of treatment for one g pig and it was only on my last visit that i learnt i don't need to take my gpig with me every time i needed the stuff.

every time i have taken my gpig down for mites it has roughly cost me £37.00 per pig and not once did one of them bother to tell me i could just ask for it and save the consultation fee per pig.

the one ive got now is xeno 450 spot on, was told they cant just give the injection anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back