• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Death of my guinea pig

• Thread starter Thread starter frost1375
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

frost1375

My guinea pig, Twinkie just passed away. :( I just found her and she was still warm. She was only three years old and was healthy. She did not show any sign of illness. When I found her, she had a lot of really dark diarrhea around her butt. Prior to now, she has not had any problems with that. Any ideas on what happened? I feel really bad because she is too young. Any ideas, let me know. Thanks

Hi & welcome to the forum :)

I am very sorry to hear about little Twinkle :'( My piggie Frank died in April & he was only 3 too. He was fine all day Saturday even Saturday night all was well because i always check on them before i go to bed. Then Sunday morning he was just lying under the wooden bridge in their cage & he didn't want to move. I took him to the vet & it seemd his tummy was bloated out but I don't know why because he hadn't eaten anything different? He didn't have diarrhea, he poos were smaller then normal though. Anyway, we were given medicine to give him but unfortunately he died later that day. :'(

I think piggies & other rodents are good at hiding when things are wrong so by the time they show signs it's too late. It is awful when they are young & you do question why. I'm sorry I can't help you with what may have been wrong with Twinkle.

Sorry to hear about Twinkle :'(
You may never know what happened put guineas can go down hill so so quickly and often dont show symptoms until too late :(

That's so sad and I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Try and take comfort in the fact that twinkle is no longer in any pain.

I am so sorry for your loss.It sounds as if it was a heart attack,which would have been quick and painless.There was nothing you could have done.
Piggies often void when they die so I doubt the diarrheoa was implicated in the death.
Twinkle had a happy life with you and would have known that he was loved

Thank you all so much. It's hard enough to lose a pet when you know they are old and it is their time. But the fact that she was still young and I wish I knew something was wrong. I do everything for my pets and it is the worst thing to lose one. Thank you all for your support.

RIP Twinkle.

At least like the others have said, you know she had a good life with you. I look at ours sometimes and think that it could have been so different for them if the wrong person had taken them home.

She'll have known that you loved her and she was happy so you did the best you could for her.

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news.

I hope you will stay on the forum and make some good friends.

Awww thats so horrible, but like its been said, guineas do go downhill quickly :( RIP little one :'( 0:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back