Dandylion

• Thread starter Thread starter Jayms_fallen_angel
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jayms_fallen_angel

Since I brought Dandylion home she's basically found hiding places and stayed there. I was ok with this last night, but now I'm starting to worry. I don't know if she's eating or drinking. Anyone know how I can coax her out and get her to eat and drink?

She's still a baby. In my experience it takes a while for a new guinea pig to settle in, she needs to get used to her new home. If you are worried as to wether she is eating or not, move her food bowl nearer to her hideaway and weigh her on a regular basis. Does she have any fruit or vegetables yet? If so she will be getting some fluids from these.

No I put fresh veg in but Acorah munched it all. I don't know if Dandylion managed to get some of the carrot, She was nearby it when I fell to sleep. I'm going to get some lettuce later and put some more in Acorahs dangly bowl and put a couple of leaves in Dandylions hiding hole. Thanks for the advice.

It's just when I first had Acorah she was alone in the cage so I could tell easily, but now I can't tell which one's doing what. I'll go hunt for the scales again in a moment.

cucumber will quench her thirst,
all of my guineas were the same when we first brought them home, took several days to venture out and about, frustrating i know.

Well she kind of ventures out every now and then. I mean she was just munching on something in the middle of the cage but she tends to go diagonally across the cage from the back right corner to the front left where her hidy houses are. Or in the piggy loo and cuddle up with Acorah, but she doesn't seem to go anywhere near the food or water, other than when she jumped into the food bowl when I first put her in.

It's not fustrating. I understand she jkust left everyone and everything she knows, it's just I've not seen her eat or drink and I worry easily. Whn she eats and drinks I'll relax.

Ok so buying cucumber and lettuce.

I agree try feeding her a very small piece of cucumber. As for her food try to feed her whilst she is on your lap or put some veggies in the cage whilst Acorah is out.

Acorahs always out, she only goes in when I go out or at night :P I've tried to feed her on my lap but she won't touch it.

she won't yet but will in time,one of my piggies is still a bit shy, and never eats if shes on my lap.and i've had her 7 months. it will take time

Well I'm not so worried now. Acorah seems to be looking after her and they've been eating lettuce since I got back from the shops, between them they've had an entire lettuce :P And she's been up by the food and water, although not actually touching them, so she can get to them and knows where they are. Still I'd be happier seeing her eat, but this is adorable!

Isn't worried at all now. I woke up and Dandylion was drinking. I haven't seen her eat pellets yet but they're going faster than they usually too and she's eating carrot and lettuce in front of me too. Provided I stay still and don't let her know I'm watching :) Ooooh and she's eating hay now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back