• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dandruff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beautifulcat83

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm concerned about Muffin - she seems to keep getting little 'scabs', only one or two on her body which I thought could be a result of scratching, if shes knicked her skin or something, but now on her rear end she has what I can only describe as dandruff which when brushed comes off in flakes with hair stuck to it. She has no bald spots and all her 'bits' are healthy and clean? Any suggestions? She also gets aggitated when I try to brush it out gently. I was going to give her a bath tonight?
Thanks
Cat :-\

JoJo has been like that recently. He had a bout of mites and is all clearing up now.

Ivomec and some shampoo he's having :)

Exactly what i'd do Cavy Crazy a good bath and a brush, completely clean out his cage area as well. Good luck keep us posted :)
Awww Muffin these are for you :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Sounds like a touch of fungal to me. My Piggie's got a touch of that at the mo, and like you has dandruffy looking stuff on the hair which comes out very easily, and squeaks very loudly when you try to brush, shampoo or tease out the hair. you can use something from Gorgeous Guineas or Vetsect or even Nizoral shampoo for humans. :)

:) I would treat for both if it were me. But don't bath and Ivomec on the same day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back