Damp Piggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Ones

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
I just cleaned by pigs grease gland, I dryed it with the hairdryer after but the little wisps he has on his rear end just won't dry, he's been sat on a covered hot water bottle for a while now but he's still damp, I don't really want to try him with the hair dryer again because he really doesn't like it but I don't want him to get cold when I put him back in the cage as he's only just got warm, I have to leave the house soon, what's the best thing to do?

make sure your house is toasty and if you've a fleece lined cage and fleece cozies he should be ok

make sure your house is toasty and if you've a fleece lined cage and fleece cozies he should be ok
Thank you for the fast reply, he has both of those things so you think he'll be fine and dry off on his self? It's just that it's snowing outside right now so the house gets cold quickly

Have you got central heating so your house is warm? If not, make sure the cage is out of drafts and you can put a blanket over it to make sure. I'm surprised it's not almost dry if you've tried the hair dryer - as long as it's mostly dry and you leave him in a warm room i think he will be fine. you could press a bit of kitchen towel onto the grease gland to absorb any excess dampness

Have you got central heating so your house is warm? If not, make sure the cage is out of drafts and you can put a blanket over it to make sure. I'm surprised it's not almost dry if you've tried the hair dryer - as long as it's mostly dry and you leave him in a warm room i think he will be fine. you could press a bit of kitchen towel onto the grease gland to absorb any excess dampness
I had it on earlier but the house is still a little chilly, from orders of my mum I'm not allowed to put it on again until we're both home as like I said I'm leaving soon, there's a blanket over the cage and I've put the hot water bottle on top of the cage too. His hair is always a pain to dry, the ends are very short and curly when they're wet so they don't tend to dry well. I usually try to avoid bathing of any kind during the colder months as I get worried they'll get sick. I didn't think about kitchen roll, I'll do that then I think I'll pop him back in the cage, thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back