• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

damp chin

• Thread starter Thread starter spudnik
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spudnik

as some of you know i brought meeka inside as she was losing weight.. well tonight i noticed she keeps cleaning her chest very often so i went to investigate and shes rather damp like she has been dribbling. i know thats how gucci started with her dental probs, could it be anything else? her front teeth dont match up evenly, its like her jaw on the bottom is set back slightly from her top which has angled her top teeth at the bottom on the teeth if you know what i mean?

shes still eating things ok, she munches on hay and her usual veggies such as cucumber, celery, brocolli.. although she has been very fussy this past week..

can i help prevent dental problems occuring or not? i really want to avoid having her put under anaesthetic if its her back teeth, and ive not got a rodentologist near me.

Top teeth should comfortably overlap the bottom ones (or he lower ones are further back) if that helps, a slant means she is eating unevenly somewhere, some guineas do this and its normal but if you've noticed a change then I'm guessing this isn't.

Where are you? There maybe someone nearby who can help, you'll be surprised :)

07721 026401 to text/phone your message to Vedra at CCT. She may be able to help, this out of my way I'm afraid. I would take her to a vet anyway.

Yeah I'd get her to the Vet asap. Possibly is dental problems but whatever it is it really needs addressing fast. Good luck O0

Agree with Karen and BJ :smitten: :smitten:
Sounds like toofies >:( vets straight away love, much better to do now than later, mouth abscesses can form and you can one heck of a time trying to train them to eat again... i know :-\
We'll have our paws crossed for you both :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Come on Meeka :smitten: :smitten:

i feel really stupid now, but i over reacted big time! i was just so worried i just assumed it was dribble and it was her teeth..

i had given her a tomato with her supper, which i dont cut up small and she has the whole of her chin in it! she was bone dry after she had cleaned herself up, and shes dry today aswell so I'm sorry for wasting your time in replying, but i just automatically thought the worst! i think we may encounter probs with her teeth later in life though as there is slight angling on her teeth at the front, i'll prob get her to the vets soon just to see if they will look at her back teeth and advise me if I'm going to have probs, as her front teeth seem angled to me so i can start saving up!

yeah well thats how i realised gucci had dental probs her weight loss, and damp chin.. but I'm glad to say meeka has gained a few grams everyday she has been inside so far too! :) shes upto 585g this morning O0

What a relief for you. O0
Meeka is a lucky piggy, at least you care. :smitten:

:) here's hoping, it might be an idea to have a plan of action just in case? There may be someone in Cheshire (no idea where that is though!)

spudnik said:
yeah well thats how i realised gucci had dental probs her weight loss, and damp chin.. but I'm glad to say meeka has gained a few grams everyday she has been inside so far too! :) shes upto 585g this morning O0

Ahhh! That's a really good sign!

karenrgpr said:
:) here's hoping, it might be an idea to have a plan of action just in case? There may be someone in Cheshire (no idea where that is though!)

cheshire is a bit far from me i think.. prob well over an hours drive..but it would be good to know that there is somebody there incase she gets bad with her teeth, my bf drives so id just sweet talk him lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back