• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dam toofies again grrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Noticed Duke hadn't eaten as well last night or today, after giving him his CC feed i popped him on his back (yep he was not impressed :tickedoff: :tickedoff:) and noticed his top left incisor is shorter than the other SIGH, he's broken it again >:( and he's got a smell on his breath which means it's his back molars playing up again grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr so will phone the vets first thing tomorrow to see when i can get in for him :( :( :(

Awwww Dukie, what have you done to your toofies? Poor thing...what can the vet do for him? :'(

Schmichael sends Duke lots of love and kisses! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

They will be comparing notes after their vet visits! As they are such handsome little men they need their teeth working well!

Hope to hear your teeth are much better soon Duke! :-*

Leo sends his puggy lurve to Duke and tells him to stop worrying mum with his toofypegs

Ahhh, poor little man. When will they learn that biting on cage bars etc never comes to any good. ::)

Aww Dukey not again :-\ Let us know how the vets goes :-*

oh Duke darling :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Good luck at the horrid vets and I'm so sorry you didn' t get your parcel. :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Oh no, poor Duke. All wishing you a good vet trip and sending lots of love :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

oh Duke you silly boy now you've got us all worried again, your poor mummy was so happy with her son home lets hope youc an be sorted out to bring a smile back to mummys lips again she will be so worried, :-* :-* a kissf rom me and carrie anne who loves you as well,
Glynis hope he is ok let us know what the vet says , I cant believe its happened try to keep cheerful thinking of you both :smitten:

He's not eating that well, if i literally rip up the leaves and hand them too him he'll eat, luckily Dee has a curriculum day today so she's already given him his 2nd feed of CC to keep him going till i get home from work.
I've made an appointment for wednesday 2.30pm (5.30am your time) so will go and get him sorted out then.
Thanks again for all the well wishes, looks like this wont go away i'd hoped it would but, nup he's going to have to be done regularly :(

Duke sends these to all his mates <manly hugs O0 O0> and to his lovely ladies :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Good luck at the vets Glynis and Duke. O0 Sorry to hear it looks like Duke is going to have ongoing dental problems. :'( Best and warmest wishes. :smitten:

Well he didn't eat much yesterday :'( but when i got home from work i fed him his CC and then hand fed him lots and lots of parsley, spinach, tiny bits of apple and some mandarine, he of course loved it ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D
Also fed him a CC feed at 2.30am cause he's really struggling to pick up his food :tickedoff: This morning however he loved his 8am CC feed and then tried really hard to pick up some food, i find if i pile it up it's easier for him O0
Will let you know how he goes at the vets, i'm sure after a toofie trim and another day or so he'll be back to my regular darling heart again :smitten:

Glad to hear he is eating well, very well by the sounds of it. The vet will sort him out. O0

I feel terrible i didn't know, he's had an ulcer on the tongue :o :o :'( :'( :'( (bad granny slave :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:)
So he's had his molars trimmed his bottom incisors just trimmed ever so slightly and he's had his tongue numbed as the vet had to inspect the rather large ulcer he had on it :'( He's had a meal of CC and bless him he then tried to eat some leaves.... with one tooth super short on top and his bottom ones trimmed he was looking rather awkward but he managed to eat a couple of leaves O0 :-* :-* :-*

He wants to send everyone huge kisses and piggie cuddles (minus the wees he tends to do on laps ::)) to all his wonderful aunties and friends on the TGPF :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

The poor little man! You weren't to know though! How i wish they could tell us if anything is wrong. I felt really awful when I saw Schmichael's tooth had grown so large. How could I have missed it? They are just so good at hiding things from us though! Maybe they don't want to worry their mummy.

Lots of love and kisses to you Duke! :-* :smitten: :-* :smitten: :-* :smitten: :-* :smitten: :-* :smitten: :-* :smitten:

Keep eating Duke and you will soon feel better mate! O0 O0

Glynis, don't blame yourself honey. You weren't to know.

Love all around :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

oh poor Duke what are you putting on it , poor little man hope it heals pretty quick so he can really enjoy his food again can you not use a human type gel like bongela or oralgel thinking of you both :smitten: and dont think it was easy to spot I had a bunny who had an ulcerated tongue and never noticed it , treatment helped him

BLESS HIS HEART!

Glynis you werent to know - they cant tell us and they never show us so of course we act as we always do.
They only last a week in humans (ish) so I'm sure he will be right as rain in a bit. No wonder he wasnt eating - i dont bother with a big ulcer either

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

So pleased he is on the mend

Thanks, i forgot to tell you i'm supposed to use Bonjela on a cotton bud (tip) and swirl it in his mouth to help the ulcer.
Has anyone else used this before? Did their guinea mind or is he going to freak when i do it :tickedoff:
He's had another CC feed and i made a mild slushy mix of canteloupe and pears pureed then syringe fed to him, he loved it :smitten:
He wants to eat but when he does it obviously hurts him :'( :'(
Will feed him a CC during the night to keep him going.

I can only imagine based upon my own experiences with mouth ulcers

The Bonjela freezes the area almost instantly so it shouldnt hurt him. The issue will be getting it onto the right area as piggy tongues are not easy to see and Duke might chew the bud or try and get it out of his mouth

Oh no poor Dukey :( did the vet say what may have caused it? was it his teeth rubbing on it?

Billies Mum said:
I can only imagine based upon my own experiences with mouth ulcers

The Bonjela freezes the area almost instantly so it shouldnt hurt him. The issue will be getting it onto the right area as piggy tongues are not easy to see and Duke might chew the bud or try and get it out of his mouth

Thanks Jen, am going to shops real soon and will buy some for him O0

bev said:
Oh no poor Dukey :( did the vet say what may have caused it? was it his teeth rubbing on it?

No idea Bev, they think it's probably because of the teeth, but you just can't tell :'( His lower molars were crossed over AGAIN, so by him trying to eat around them he's obviously rubbed his little tongue on them too often :o :'( :'(

awww Dukey, sending you :-* :-* :-* from all my fur babies,hope he get's back to his old self soon Glynis :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

cavy said:
awww Dukey, sending you :-* :-* :-* from all my fur babies,hope he get's back to his old self soon Glynis :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks love, i'm sure he will, it's just heart breaking to see him sitting so miserable in his cage in the corner all puffed up :'( It's a cold and miserable day here today, only going to get to 15 degrees Celsius so i'm real glad he's an indoor piggie. will keep him rugged up a bit more and extra CC feeds. Love to all your furbabies :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back