Daily Routine

Status
Not open for further replies.

SqueakyCavy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've noticed people can struggle with creating 'routines' (if your into them like me) for their pigs. When creating a scedule for your guineapig you have to make sure they are getting the following things daily:
-Unlimited hay
-Fresh water
-1 cup of vegetables per pig
-1/4 of a cup of pellets per pig
-Floor time (if required)
-Handling and grooming (if required)

Hay and water must never be restricted to a certain amount. Guineapigs should have this 24/7

Example daily routine:

8am: Spot clean cage
Refresh water
Top up hay
Cup of veggies per pig

5pm: 1/4 cup of pellets per pig
Top up hay (if needed)
Spot clean cage

7pm: Floor time/ handling and grooming (if required)

Mine is similar, but I spot clean in the evening only, and my two have pellets all through the day as the closest rescue to me said piggies up to 9 months old have unlimited pellets.

At around 6 pm my two are placed in their pen, where they have different toys (paper bags stuffed with hay) than their cage, and cuddle time is around 9pm.

Cuddle time can last an hour...with two piggies sprawled over me, with much yawning, licking and dozing off!

I find I have to spot clean twice daily since mine are poop machines! Yes unlimited pellets for up to 9 months and I also think pregnant and nursing mums too. Paper bags stuffed with hay, haven't tried that one yet but sounds like something mine would enjoy! I love cuddle time, nothing is better than a piggy sleeping on your lap:luv:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back