Daily leafy greens.

Clarestorm

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, i have two teddy brothers 11 weeks old. Any advice on the perfect daily or 7 day diet to make sure they are getting all the nutrition they need, would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum

The daily diet needs to consist of hay, hay and more hay! 80% of their daily food intake needs to be hay.
They can then have one cup/50g of veg per day, leafy greens and herbs along with some bell pepper for vit c. Don’t give high calcium veggies regularly - once per week only for high calcium veg such as kale, spinach and parsley.
Pellets can be given but kept limited to one tablespoon only per piggy per day. Choose a low calcium timothy based plain pellet.
Ensure you filter their drinking water to keep the calcium content down (water and pellets contribute most calcium to the diet and too much calcium can cause bladder problems such as stone formation)

Daily I feed mine lettuce, coriander, cucumber, and bell pepper. I will then add in other things in rotation for variety. The guides below offer further information on safe veggies

Scatter feeding both veg and pellets (rather than using bowls) can really help with boars as they become teenagers - it means no one piggy can food hog but it also provides excellent enrichment in the form of encouraging them to forage for their food.

Long Term Balanced General And Special Needs Guinea Pig Diets
Edible And Forbidden Veg And Fruit List With Vitamin C Grading

Welcome to the forum.
I love teddies - they are so cute.
Hope all the guides help you as you sound like a very caring owner and your boys are very lucky to be with you.

Back