Daily Food chart

JaimeGraceUK

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I saw this chart on Facebook group. I was told they can have romaine lettace daily but on this it says 2-4 times a week. Is this chart correct?

Attachments

• 253699683_10226392302851401_7959481154879566607_n.webp
    253699683_10226392302851401_7959481154879566607_n.webp
    79.1 KB · Views: 66
The important thing is feeding everything in moderation and rotation so they get variety
Mine get lettuce pretty much every day but it is usually two or three different types throughout the week

The chart says tomatoes can be fed daily. I would disagree with this. The acidity of tomatoes can lead to an infection called cheilitis
I also would not give carrot more than once a week (in fact mine only get it about once a month)

The important thing is feeding everything in moderation and rotation so they get variety
Mine get lettuce pretty much every day but it is usually two or three different types throughout the week

The chart says tomatoes can be fed daily. I would disagree with this. The acidity of tomatoes can lead to an infection called cheilitis
I also would not give carrot more than once a week (in fact mine only get it about once a month)
ive just been told not to give romaine lettace ffs why cant people tell me the truth

The long term diet guide I linked in above shows a sample plate. This is useful as a guide of how much to give each piggy

It’s not something i give - the flavour is very strong and mine don’t like it but I wouldnt give it often and certainly not more than once a week

I give cucumber, bell peppers, coriander and lettuce daily. Every thing else is usually once or twice a week either for calcium reasons or simply for moderation and variety
I don’t tend to give carrot often (perhaps once a month) or fruit though (fruit is probably only given once or twice a year - I’ll give them a bit of apple in summer)

I give cucumber, bell peppers, coriander and lettuce daily. Every thing else is usually once or twice a week either for calcium reasons or simply for moderation and variety
I don’t tend to give carrot often (perhaps once a month) or fruit though (fruit is probably only given once or twice a year - I’ll give them a bit of apple in summer)
what about celery?

Mine like dill as well. If I remember rightly it’s higher in calcium so I don’t give it often
I tend to buy butterhead, little gem and a bagged salad containing a variety of lettuce (we use a lot of lettuce in this house anyway, it’s not all for the pggies!).
They can also have celery and it’s leaves. Again, I think the leaves are higher in calcium than the stems so kept limited. Mine prefer they leaves to the stems though!

Parsley, dill, broccoli, spinach, kale and celery leaves are all high calcium so should be limited once or twice a week foods.
Baby leaf, little gem, cos, butterhead, romaine lettuces are good to give in rotation/moderation most days.
Peppers are a great daily food, along with a bit of cucumber and a weekly rotation through some of the above leafy veg- also coriander or mint or basil as herbs to give 2 or 3 times a week if they like it, but I would think rosemary is too strongly flavoured and may cause a tummy upset...
Carrot, fruit, and tomato should be a very limited treat once a week.

Back