Daily Cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeighS

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Helloa everyone,
Ok so we are new piggie owners, just one at the mo until he settles in then we plan on introducing a friend (will do this properly of curse)
Anyway we are using wood shavings on the base of his hutch with lots of hay for him to snuggle in and eat.
We spot clean twice a day (we've only had him since Sunday) is this too much?
As it is a new home for him I'm concerned that we are removing to much of his scent everyday.
Also should i be using something under the wood savings?
Thank you :)

We used to use news paper under wood shavings. How big is the cage? Can give you an idea on cleaning times as it depends on the cage size often

The hutch (he is outside) is 122cm wide x 45cm deep. We spot clean in the morning, about 7.30am and again in the evening at about 6pm

With one piggy in their you could just spot clean once per day to be honest, I would expect more poo's where he eats and sleeps

Thank you, i think we will just do it in the evening then and get some newspaper to put under the wood shavings.

Thank you, i think we will just do it in the evening then and get some newspaper to put under the wood shavings.
Newspaper is a good call it will protect wood a wick away wee

I have two piggies & I spot clean 2x a day. But if you have one, for now yes I think once a day is fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back