• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Cysts? Back from the vets :)

• Thread starter Thread starter spudnik
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spudnik

Morgan has had a lump just under/on her teat for a few weeks, i left it alone as i thought it may just be a fatty lump but its getting bigger, and I'm not too worried as it doesnt feel like a tumour, its like a big bubble, its feels like it needs popping like theres nothing whole in it, if you get me? I'm planning on taking her to the vets..hoping they wont need to operate as she is 5 1/2 years old and i dont want to put her through it, but as she stands now shes healthy apart from this bubble type lump..does that sound like a cyst, and what generally happens in removing it?

Re: Cysts?

It may and probably will be a cyst. The best thing you can do is take her to the vets, have them diagnosis what it is for sure and if it is a cyst they will drain it. They are normally easily treatable but many reoccur. :)

ok thanks, i didnt think it was a tumour because they are normally hard where as this feels empty and squishy and it doesnt appear to be painful when i touch it, she hasnt lost any hair around the area either..i'll book her in to the vets for a look at anyways, thanks for your help

spudnik said:
ok thanks, i didnt think it was a tumour because they are normally hard where as this feels empty and squishy and it doesnt appear to be painful when i touch it, she hasnt lost any hair around the area either..i'll book her in to the vets for a look at anyways, thanks for your help

Does sound like a cyst, poor love

Best of luck with Morgan :smitten:, i hope it's a cyst that they can treat easily for her. Bless her 5 1/2 :smitten:

thanks, i think its going to have to be wednesday unfortunatly, i cant carry her down on my own shes quite a big girl and its a heavy carry travel box i have and i dont drive, so i asked my bf to take me who does drive to make the journey a little quicker its about a mile from my house! my arms will be dropping off if i walked carrying her! lol

she doesnt seem herself at the moment, i put a huge plate of fresh food in with them about 40 mins ago and she didnt come out to have a look, where as normally shes first in line, so I'm gunna keep a close eye on her and if she appears ill then i'll have to take her on tuesday and carry her down..although i did feed them 4 1/2 hours earlier than i usually do so maybe she was full of hay, she had a bit of cabbage and cucumber then went back to lie under the hay rack.

Awww, fingers crossed. I know what you mean about carring the carrier, my vets is only a five minute walk down the road but by the time I get there my arms are done in. ;)

yeah thanks, i made the journey last year with two of the eldest girls and walked down i was so exhausted! lol i used to take them in a carboard box but i thought id get them something a little more stable that they can cuddle up ion a blanket in so its better for them

I do hope its only a cyst the more experienced of us piggy owners can probably tell a cyst straight away and even deal with them our selves but you need it checking out for sure , and I know what you mean about carriers and everyone want to see whos in the box I just mumble a sick guinea pig, I can be a moody mare when I have a sick piggy through worry >:(

ive never had a guinea with a cyst, ive had two with mammary tumours and this doesnt feel like that, it feels like it needs to pop, but having never dealt with one before i thought its best to get it seen to, its growing quite quickly too. btw no suregery will be involved will it, if it is a cyst?

I get stares when I catch the bus to the vets " ohh whats that in there "
I feel like saying " its an elephant whats it look like ::) "
ive gotta go tomm with Olli,I'm hoping it isnt chucking it down at the time

yeah its raining here..i always get 'mind that cat' to anyone walking past, I'm like no its a guinea pig not a cat..thats why its squeaking!

Got a vet appointment for wednesday luckily, so wish me luck O0

spudnik said:
ive never had a guinea with a cyst, ive had two with mammary tumours and this doesnt feel like that, it feels like it needs to pop, but having never dealt with one before i thought its best to get it seen to, its growing quite quickly too. btw no suregery will be involved will it, if it is a cyst?

If it's a cyst they shouldn't need to sedate her. Good luck and let us know how it goes. O0

Hi, Everybody is fine :) morgan had a haematoma which is basically a bruise under the skin she hoped, so she drained that out it was all blood, she said she may have a problem with blood clots but she expected the lump to be filled with thicker blood if thats the case,and her blood wasnt thick it was normal she said hopefully it will be a one off and that she has just bumped herself or hurt herself, and to watch for infection and it swelling back up, she imagined that if it was to re-appear it would re-fill withing the next 24 hours or so, so fingers crossed it wont!

I also ended up taking Lois with us too, i noticed she had a bit of blood around her genitals, shes had a crusty area for a while ive been cleaning it with hibbiscrub but with no luck so she gave us some cream to put on and said if its no better to take her back and they prob give her a course of antibiotics :)

Glad to hear it is nothing serious. Fingers crossed Morgan and Lois won't need anymore treatment. Keep us updated. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back