Cuzzy's Cosy Sack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I thought I'd make Cuzzy a Cosy Sack. I didn't really have the right materials so used Caitlin's dressing gown for the fleece material (the dressing gown was brand new and never been worn, she is too big for it now.) I used an old blanket for the inside. I stuffed it a little with teddy stuffing as I had no wadding. It was really only an experiment to see if I could make them so I can get some material and all the proper tools for making them for the rest of my pigguns!

Meant to say the brown ties are from the dressing gown and if I would have cut them off it would have looked daft so left them on. :)

I thought I done well considering! 8)

Louise
:)

IMG_1225.jpg

Eccles modeling the Cosy Sack!

IMG_1229.jpg

Lol! that's great well done :) does he like it? Cuzzy i mean! Where did you get Cuzzy from louise? sorry to go off the subject x

Hi Emma,

Do you mean Eccles the (toy pig)? ;D I got him from Knowsley Safari Park, my Dad spotted him, I was made up! :) As for Cuzzy got him from P@H if you meant him that is! :)

Eccles will be the name of our next pig (if we are lucky enough to get another) but for now this little guy can model my crazy creations!

Louise
x

That great Louise. My girls have fleece blankets that are folded and doubles over into sack shapes as i cant stitch to save my life. Yours looks great bet Cuzzy loves it. :)

Lol! eccles is great but i meant cuzzy! I swear i saw his sister in the P@H in St Helens yesterday, she was a sheltie and exactly the same colours, she even seemed very similar in features, she was in with about 4 other girls and one was a little white rex that looked like katie's Lucky, i was so tempted to buy them both! The shelties fur was starting to get long :) but she was tiny and sooo cute! x

Thanks Lindsay, I've gotten better at sowing, practise makes perfect but Peter said he will buy me a cheap Sowing machine that would cut the tasks down, took me 2 hours to make it from start to finish, I watched the Tory Party Conference while I sowed, LOL I didn't even know it was on as I was concentrating so much! ;D

Hehe Emma soz :) Yeah he came from P@H in St Helens, could be the same breeder :( Would be bad if that was the case as if Cuzzy and this wee girl came from the same lot then that means back to back breeding as he is only 4 months! I'm going up there on Tuesday for food so will have a look, she'll probably have gone by then though.

great stuff, love the teddy design. and it saved the dressing gown going to waste!

Amy.x.

I know :( could be that the mums were sisters or same dad? hope that's the case anyway! Yer go see, i doubt she'll still be there though she was so gorgeous someone will have snapped her up! xx

SunshineAndTwinkle said:
Thanks Lindsay, I've gotten better at sowing, practise makes perfect but Peter said he will buy me a cheap Sowing machine that would cut the tasks down, took me 2 hours to make it from start to finish, I watched the Tory Party Conference while I sowed, LOL I didn't even know it was on as I was concentrating so much! ;D

With a sowing machine you can make lots then. Was looking in my local B & M shop they have got massive fleece blankets for £1 should think you could make a few out of one of them. Have you got a B & M near you?

Amy yeah it was a 9 months-12 months size and Caitlin is now 2, was going to sell it on Ebay but thought well its not a brand so wouldn't sell so I recycled it! :D

Emma, I was like that with Cuzzy, I hounded Peter all around Tescos until he said I could have him! I hate going to see any as I know I'm a sucker for a cute face!

Lindsey, yeah we have 3, a local one, one 10 mins away and another in Southport. I'll have to have a look. Wouldn't mind trying to sell them on Ebay if I could. I'll make them for my own first and I'll have a look in Argos for a machine think that will be my Chrimbo pressie...lol

SunshineAndTwinkle said:
Lindsey, yeah we have 3, a local one, one 10 mins away and another in Southport. I'll have to have a look. Wouldn't mind trying to sell them on Ebay if I could. I'll make them for my own first and I'll have a look in Argos for a machine think that will be my Chrimbo pressie...lol
They have got some a bit more expensive as well but they were all leopard print lol. The £1 ones were nicer prints. Let me know if you decide to sell some id have a few as i dont think hand sowing by my standards would be strong enough. :) I will just keep folding them for now lol :)

It looks great Louise!
As I'm not that great at sewing, I'm thinking of buying one-does anyone have any ideas where I can get them from?

I've seen some in the dreaded p@h but they are easy to make. You could even get a baby duvet (the ones for cots) and cut a bit off that and fold it over, it has Wadding in it already so all you gotta do is stitch. :)

Looks great Louise, great idea.
I must have a go, but I don't think my sewing is up to it.
Have to use wonderweb stuff on kids hems. :D ;D
Hmmm, maybe it would work .........
Anne.

LOL Anne you can do it, if I can anyone can! :) I made the mistake of going in with the needle and through the other side it should be over the material, that doesn't make sense I mean like a sort of loop ;D Sorry I'm just confusing it now haha!

But is is so simple, although Cuzzy has just looked at it as if to say what am I supposed to do with that!

Louise
x

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
You'll have to demonstrate to Cuzzy. Use Eccles. Lol

Thats fab! :D Thanks for sharing, I've still got to get round to making one! Not enough hours in the day. ::)

Hi there it is alot better than my attempt. I think if you have the stuff in the house then there is no probs in trying.

;)

I agree with that, I've no patience so if I get an idea I want to do it right away rather than wait! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back