• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Cuzzy has a possible URI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All,

What a morning, has this site been down? Anyway got up this morning and Cuzzy was not himself. Peter picked him up and he let him, very odd. On inspection his eyes where crusty and he wasn't happy with us stroking his side. So I rung the vet and we got an appointment for 10:50.

Told the vets the problem, said Cuzzy did eat carrot, melon and pepper yesterday but hasn't wanted his favourite cucumber and seems lethargic. Vet looked at him, checked his grease gland and his teeth, listened to his chest and took his temperature. He wheeked a lot which the vet said is a very good sign as pigs that don't are really low.

So the vet couldn't find anything major wrong with him except for a high temperature and heavier breathing. So he said it looks like the start of a URI seeing as he has crusty eyes too. We have got some antibiotics and some critical care, oh the fun I've just had giving him the cc. It was up the walls...lol but Cuzzy seemed to enjoy it!

Will give him is antibiotics in a min, sooner I get them in him the better but wanted to feed him first as he has had nothing all day. Aren't I glad he is a house pig, as soon as I saw he wasn't himself I took him the vet. If he was outside maybe I wouldn't have caught it so early!

He had been spoilt rotten, bought him a cuddle cup and a nice fleece blanket will scrub his cage and put care fresh down seems cosier for him then Megazorb while he is rough.

Got to take him back on Thursday so will keep you all posted.

Louise
x

Hi Sammy,

Thanks a lot for your kind wishes. Gave Cuzzy his antibiotics and he is now in a clean cage in his cuddle cup eating a carrot so some improvement here! :)

Louisee
x

Awwww poor Cuzzy :-*

Not sure about the site being down as ive not been on ?

Hope hes better before thursday :-\

My piggy had crusty eyes once and they did get better after alot of fresh fav veggies ;D

I couldnt get on earlier. Lots of love to cuzzy and our thoughts are with you too Louise as i know its a worry being a piggy mummy when they are unwell. :smitten:

I couldnt get on here either ;) Sorry to hear your little Cuzzy is a bit poorly.... :(

:-* GET WELL SOON CUZZY! :-*

Hi louise, it looks as if all of mine have now developed URI's and the vet said it could be something to do with the dust in megazorb, so now they're on vetbed and are clearing up. She said something like the dust can cause conjunctivitis and chest allergies? Don't know if that's any help to you. Hope he's feeling better soon, i know how you feel at the moment, 3 of mine are on baytril and 2 are having eye drops 3 times a day ::) xxxxx

Thanks a lot guys! Cuzzy has had his second lot of critical care, we done better this time I sat him on my knee with his back to me, although it was a bit thick so I put a drop more water in it, he has nibbled some cucumber and has taken an interest in his hay rack but not overly so I think he wants me to feed him veggies so will try that!

House is a tip haven't done anything...lol Main aim is to get Cuzzy better.

Emma, Peter thought the same with Megazorb, Cuzzy is on carefresh at the mo as I thought its not dusty although hes been staying in his cuddle cup all afternoon. I don't think I'll be getting Megazorb again just to be safe. I'll try the dust free hay online and probably keep Cuzzy on fleece I bought some from Bargain Madness today. Although Megazorb is cheap it's not worth the risk, I'll discuss it with Nick (Cuzzy's vet) on Thursday I meant to today but I was more concerned with getting him sorted and completely forgot.

Have a good night all,

Louise
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back