Cutting Long Haired Pig? Glasgow/falkirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottishdean

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone I have two boys, Chester and charlie, Chester is an aby and currently staying at vets for ollness, and charlie a long haired, we think it's time he has a trim but we're not keen or confident cutting him ourselves, does anyone know anywhere or anyone in the Glasgow/falkirk who would trim him for us?

Hi,
Some boarding places can trim Charlie for you or if you are lucky a vet could help you. I think a member on this forum was looking for a long haired piggy to ' practise cut ' on for free but I cannot remember who.
I hope Chester gets better soon.

We have two peruvian males and we found watching some videos on you tube etc helpful.
Sometimes I just trim them and they look a bit odd but it does the job.

I looked on you tube and it was Laura from Piggiepigpigs video that I found most helpful. What I remember the most from that was to keep my finger between the guinea pigs body and the scissors so if I make a mistake when he moves I will only cut myself. I keep the fur round his bum short as it can get pretty mucky round there otherwise.

Shame you live so far away! I trim my neighbour's long haired piggy with help from his owner as he is a terrible wriggler! Would have been happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back