Cunipic alpha pro

Wheekallweek

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
EDIT: It's cunipic lol sorry I can't spell apparently 😂
Has anyone tried this for their piggies? It's grain free which I prefer and looks to be quite good ingredients? I've got a voucher from pets at home for it so wondered if it was worth a try. I like the fact it has a good calcium phosphorous ratio as Eric is having massive urinary issues at the moment.
They're currently on Ss grain free. I say they, it's only really Eric as Larry is super limited due to his diabetes.
🤔

EDIT: It's cunipic lol sorry I can't spell apparently 😂
Has anyone tried this for their piggies? It's grain free which I prefer and looks to be quite good ingredients? I've got a voucher from pets at home for it so wondered if it was worth a try. I like the fact it has a good calcium phosphorous ratio as Eric is having massive urinary issues at the moment.
They're currently on Ss grain free. I say they, it's only really Eric as Larry is super limited due to his diabetes.
🤔
I use verse laga cavia complete. I got a voucher too for cunipic but its just for the treats not the food. The treats don't look that good to me.

I'm in the middle of switching pellets for Bann and Camowen, they'd been on Burgess and I bought some Cunipic and SS grain free because they're fussy buggers. They seem to be good with the Cunipic, tbh, and I'm happier with it than the SS because at least the Cunipic came in a resealable bag. I wouldn't bother with the treats though, took a look at them a couple of days ago and they weren't great.

Have you thought about phasing out pellets altogether. My (exotic) vet recommends feeding no pellets to anypig, but with the different conditions your piggies have, the argument is probably even stronger that it may be best not to feed pellets. Mine do fine without. I started it first with a dental and bladder pig, but have carried cutting out pellets even after he died.

Thanks guys!
@Posyrose its something to think about! My only worry is Eric's struggling to keep weight on and doesn't like oats and HATES being syringe fed.
I also worry about his vit C intake. Pro C seems to put him off food and ice read peppers aren't an ideal calcium phosphorous ratio for a urinary pig 🤔

Grass and hay also contain vitamin c hence their not needing to produce it.

Would he take the syringe feed from a bowl or spoon? Some mix in sweet potato and another veg I can’t think of. Sorry he’s not well.

@Siikibam he unfortunately didn't want the syringe feed from a bowl... I also tried mixing some porridge oats with fruit and veg baby food, but nope! He does like grass and dandelions though, but I'm struggling to find enough of it! I'm thinking of growing some in trays.

I will also say, I'm no guinea pig, but the Cunipic Alpha Pro nuggets smell pretty good.

I've not heard of this one, will look out for it and maybe give it ago. Does it contain soy, I'm more worried about feeding soy than grains.

Back