• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Crumbs - Update

• Thread starter Thread starter PeppaPunk
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PeppaPunk

Was syringe feeding him today, and noticed he had a bigger belly. Considering that hes not eating alot, this was quite odd. I felt it and it was kind of watery , and was immediatly concerned when I shook him a little, he sounded like a hot water bottle.

I took him to Castle Cavies ASAP and got him looked at.
He had fluid retention (sp?) and had to have a jab to help him get rid of the excess fluid. He is staying their now as then he can get immediate attention rather than having to travel for half an hour every time he bloats.

Not sure whether the treatment will work, there is a chance he may not make it, but fingers crossed he will be ok. :-\

Sorry to hear about Crumbs :'( :'(
You've done the right thing tho, he's in the best place and will receive attention 24/7 for an problems he has O0
We've got our paws crossed for little Crumbs :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Healing vibes too :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Poor Crumbs passed away this morning :'(

He filled with fluid again and the treatment didn't work. He got fluid in his lungs and his kidneys failed :'( :(. But I know they did the best they could :)

RIP Crumbs 0:)

I am so sorry about crumbs you tried your best but it wasn't to be , at least they tried their best for him, Sweet dreams crumbs hugs to you sweetheart :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back