• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Critical Care, confused?

Teema

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everybody, sorry me again regarding Pipsqueak and the bladder sludge saga! We have ran out of critical care and the last bag we had was out of date so had to be chucked! Until Amazon can get us a delivery, we asked the vet if there was anything they can give us. They have given us CCF Critical Care Formula by Vetark. I have never seen this before and just worried it’s not what we really needed because I thought the idea was to basically give her what she would get from eating her hay and this doesn’t look like it would do that? Any thoughts?
If it’s no good will just need to go to mashed pellets until Amazon delivers. Thankyou!

Attachments

• IMG_7273.webp
    IMG_7273.webp
    32.2 KB · Views: 1
Sorry my partner has just gone to collect it from the vet so this was all he sent me. He says it is like a white powder inside and has protein and glucose on ingredients? Think he’s gone back to the vet, what a palava!

Not something I’ve seen before it looks to be dextrose with protein. …not what you need. You need a fibre rich recovery feed.

In the absence of critical care, you can mush up their normal pellets with water to make a slurry.
You will need to cut the tapered end off a syringe as the mixture is much coarser than critical care so doesn’t go through syringes so easily.
It’s the emergency alternative though

Hi everybody, sorry me again regarding Pipsqueak and the bladder sludge saga! We have ran out of critical care and the last bag we had was out of date so had to be chucked! Until Amazon can get us a delivery, we asked the vet if there was anything they can give us. They have given us CCF Critical Care Formula by Vetark. I have never seen this before and just worried it’s not what we really needed because I thought the idea was to basically give her what she would get from eating her hay and this doesn’t look like it would do that? Any thoughts?
If it’s no good will just need to go to mashed pellets until Amazon delivers. Thankyou!

As long as it is for rabbits, it will also be OK for guinea pigs (small herbivores/exotics)

I’ve just started giving pepper pellet mush and he’s eating it off my fingers 😍

As they already know the taste of their pellets they seem happy to try it. Make is quite dry though. 👍🏻

Crisis averted! And partially my fault, when I rang the vet I said the words ‘critical care’, I forgot that what they use is actually ‘recovery plus’. So to be fair they did give me a type of critical care just not the one we were expecting! Science Select Recovery Plus it is, thankfully we don’t need to be making poo soup and pellet mush today! Thanks again everyone, sorry I know I have been a total pain on this forum recently! Thanks so much as always. xx

Back