Craisins

mls18

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi! I wanted to know if I could give my guinea pigs a bite of dried cranberry. I give raisions (of course not often, like one raison a month.) sometimes as a treat and wanted to know if they could have craisins to. Thanks!

Dried fruit is not a good choice for guinea pigs.
It is way too high in sugar and can get stuck on their teeth.
So i would say a definite no to both craisins and raisins (and all other dried fruit).
Just offer a small piece of fresh fruit as an occasional treat.

I wouldn't feed either. For a treat, you could feed a fresh grape instead, but raisons and cranberries are dried and full of added sugars, so I would definitely avoid them.

I wouldn't feed either. For a treat, you could feed a fresh grape instead, but raisons and cranberries are dried and full of added sugars, so I would definitely avoid them.
oh ok, thank you so much!

Dried fruit is not a good choice for guinea pigs.
It is way too high in sugar and can get stuck on their teeth.
So i would say a definite no to both craisins and raisins (and all other dried fruit).
Just offer a small piece of fresh fruit as an occasional treat.
Ok thank you!

Yes, I noticed that dried cranberries have added sugar - seeing as we have rather a lot of them in the house at this time of the year! How about giving them dried pea flakes instead, I'm sure your piggies will wheek with joy for those?!😁

Yes, I noticed that dried cranberries have added sugar - seeing as we have rather a lot of them in the house at this time of the year! How about giving them dried pea flakes instead, I'm sure your piggies will wheek with joy for those?!😁
I dont have pes flakes:no: i was thinking of getting them some though. ill give them a peice of fruit instead:love:

I had never heard of the term “craisins” before! But agreed…to sweet for piggy wigs.

Back