Courgette

Franny_in_Wheekland

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I’ve just got a question regarding how frequently I should be feeding courgette to my girls.

They absolutely love it and can’t get enough! I know piggies generally don’t like courgette, so this may be a difficult one to answer.

Any advice would be appreciated ☺️

I’m currently giving it around 2-3 times a week.

They don’t have pellets and are fed veg twice daily. I only feed the 4 safe veg daily (lettuce, coriander, bell pepper and cucumber) with a ‘treat’ veg added to this a few times a week. Only one treat veg is given per day on the days where they have this.

‘Treat’ veg is usually spring greens, green beans, celery, basil, or dill. These are in our usual rotation.

Very, very occasionally they will get a baby plum tomato, slice of apple or a berry either blackberry or blueberry. When I say occasionally it will be only ever one of these foods maybe once every few weeks.

Thank you ☺️

Hi everyone,

I’ve just got a question regarding how frequently I should be feeding courgette to my girls.

They absolutely love it and can’t get enough! I know piggies generally don’t like courgette, so this may be a difficult one to answer.

Any advice would be appreciated ☺️

I’m currently giving it around 2-3 times a week.

They don’t have pellets and are fed veg twice daily. I only feed the 4 safe veg daily (lettuce, coriander, bell pepper and cucumber) with a ‘treat’ veg added to this a few times a week. Only one treat veg is given per day on the days where they have this.

‘Treat’ veg is usually spring greens, green beans, celery, basil, or dill. These are in our usual rotation.

Very, very occasionally they will get a baby plum tomato, slice of apple or a berry either blackberry or blueberry. When I say occasionally it will be only ever one of these foods maybe once every few weeks.

Thank you ☺️

Courgettes are closely related to cucumbers. They contain a bit less fluid. But you should be safe feeding them up to every second day while in season.

Back