• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

could she have a tummy problem?

• Thread starter Thread starter CharlottiesPiggies
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CharlottiesPiggies

Merry is usually fine to pick up, however over the past week, when I go to pick up she does the highest pitched squeaks, then when i finally get her to calm down, i stroke her back, but when i stroke her tummy, she squeaks... :'( :'( :'( she sounds in pain.

Is she the guinea that got stuck i the hay cube? If so might have some discomfort because of that. A trip to the vets for a check and some metacam could make her more comfortable if she is in abdominal pain. Is her stomach swollen at all?
Hope she feels better O0

mum and i felt for lumps and we couldnt find anything lumps or bumps, yeh she got stuck in the hayball ;D but her scab has almost healed, i tihnk shes just making a fuss, but if it carries on or gets worse in the next week, then i will take her in.

The surface wounds may have healed but I wonder if some infection got in making her uncomfy, glad she has no lumps O0 Hope she feels better soon

Some of my guinea pigs are like that i think it was just how they were bought up or just their temperament and it does change O0

yeah i understand but it does just like appear out the blue with some piggies depends how they feel that day maybe ;D ;D

Peggy has never liked having her belly touched, and then it got really bad, and I had her checked over by a vet who found that she had ovarian cysts. I would get her checked over just in case if I was you. It's probably nothing as bad as that, probab;y just being tempermental, but it's better to be safe than sorry! O0

I would take her to the vets, you are worried and its achange in behaviour :)

I have a guinea that whinges whenever he's picked up, I know when he's ill because he doesn't make a sound! I couldn't believe it, when I pick him up he screams blue murder, almost, when he was unwell not a sound and he changed back as soon as he got better. ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back