• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

coughing

kikiandbimo

New Born Pup
Reaction score
hello! my guinea pig "Bimo" is 7 months old, its been sometimes that he's been coughing here and there but recently its been a bit more consistant, he's been eating and drinking right, i checked for nasal discharge and there isn't any, he breathes fast but i think thats normal, the coughing has been worrying me ( coughing 5-6 times a day?) and i'd like to know if someone may know what it could be or if its normal . i will try to see a vet as quick as possible! thank you :)

Welcome to the forum.

They can cough if they eat too fast or is there is an irritation but you should see a vet to rule out any other health issue.
Make sure you switch from the lifelong weekly weight checks and instead weigh him each morning when you have a health concern. That enables you to monitor hay intake more closely and step in with support feeding if needed.

Does Bimo have a friend? If not, then definitely make sure you get him one - guinea pigs should never be kept alone.

Welcome to the forum, we would love to see pictures of your piggies.

Back