• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

cough/sneeze? confused :-(

• Thread starter Thread starter cavy love
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cavy love

hi
i've just had peony, bluebell and bertie out for floor time and a cuddle and bertie did this like half sneeze, half cough :o it was weird. well at first i just thought, oh maybe he's just got some hay up his nose or something, but then he did it again and again, and then bluebell did it a couple of times (this wasn't all in one go, it was spread out over the whole time) and then peony did a sort of one? . so now I'm wondering weather it could be a cold or something? they are in a shed and are very warm with 3 of them in their bed bit all snuggled up, which they are, i always check and they're in proper hutches with nice local hay which isn't dust exctracted but it's not dusty at all really and they're cleaned regularly too :-\ do you know what this is?

Yeah I think it could be the start of a cold. When you say "floortime" is this indoors on carpet? Could there be anything on the carpet they might be allergic to? carpet shampoo, Shake n Vac etc? Or have any other animals been on the carpet? They have got sensitive little noses! Hope they haven't all got colds :-\ Keep an eye on them in their hutch to see if they still do it in there O0

ok. umm yes they were on the carpet, but we don't use anything like that on the carpet we only hoover. and they've been out before and not done it. :-\ i heard them do it in the hutch too and today again at floor time. :)

Do guinea pigs actually cough? :\

anyway mine sneeze now and again.Usally when i give them some hay...and mine arent ill...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back