Correct Diet For Baby Piggies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachelb

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm a first time owner (had them when I was a child so don't count it) I just want to make sure I have them on a good diet :) they love their lettuce, celery and cress. I also have baby sweet corn, peppers, carrots (couple of times a week), cucumber (once a week) and I'm going to try some fruit tomorrow. I feed them in the morning and at dinner am I over feeding them just want to make sure they are happy. They have loads of Timothy hay available 24/7.Had they 4 days and one was jumping out the little pet caddy to be petted (I have a playpen on the way just to get them used to us) is there anything I can improve on :) here is a pic of breakfast

Snapchat-5457670888603357815.webp

20161110_113452.webp

Ah, veggies. Causes me much stress, and not just because I get wheeked at. Some feed twice daily, I prefer feeding once, it's up to you. Mine have some pepper every day for the Vit C, but it sounds to me like you're doing a good job! I find this list extremely helpful, too. Gorgeous piggies by the way!

I'm a first time owner (had them when I was a child so don't count it) I just want to make sure I have them on a good diet :) they love their lettuce, celery and cress. I also have baby sweet corn, peppers, carrots (couple of times a week), cucumber (once a week) and I'm going to try some fruit tomorrow. I feed them in the morning and at dinner am I over feeding them just want to make sure they are happy. They have loads of Timothy hay available 24/7.Had they 4 days and one was jumping out the little pet caddy to be petted (I have a playpen on the way just to get them used to us) is there anything I can improve on :) here is a pic of breakfast

View attachment 54672

View attachment 54673

Hi! your babies are very cute! They look very young to me. How old are they?

You may find our detailed diet thread helpul; we have added a picture of a "sample" meal to it. Please feed a slice of pepper daily for the extra vitamin C; cucumber is also something you can feed daily.
The guide also tells you how much pellets to feed. I find it better to give about 20g (i.e. one handful) per baby piggy twice daily in a bowl each, so they get eaten straight away and can't be hogged by the more dominant one, or worse, pooed and peed into.
Recommendations For A Balanced General Guinea Pig Diet
The Importance Of Weighing - Ideal Weight / Overweight / Underweight

Thank you! They are almost 7 weeks :) thank you for the info

Hi! your babies are very cute! They look very young to me. How old are they?

You may find our detailed diet thread helpul; we have added a picture of a "sample" meal to it. Please feed a slice of pepper daily for the extra vitamin C; cucumber is also something you can feed daily.
The guide also tells you how much pellets to feed. I find it better to give about 20g (i.e. one handful) per baby piggy twice daily in a bowl each, so they get eaten straight away and can't be hogged by the more dominant one, or worse, pooed and peed into.
Recommendations For A Balanced General Guinea Pig Diet
The Importance Of Weighing - Ideal Weight / Overweight / Underweight

Ah, veggies. Causes me much stress, and not just because I get wheeked at. Some feed twice daily, I prefer feeding once, it's up to you. Mine have some pepper every day for the Vit C, but it sounds to me like you're doing a good job! I find this list extremely helpful, too. Gorgeous piggies by the way!

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back