Corner hideys

FirstTimePigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Planning on getting two hideys for C&C cage, ideally corner to maximise play space. The Piggies Choice Space House is very cute (if a bit pricey) and I would prefer wood as bedding will stick to fleece. But has anyone got any recommendations of ones that don't get damaged by urine etc?

Recommendations of good food dishes appreciated too :-)

In my experience all wooden hides will have some sort of cosmetic staining from poops or urine.
I soaked my wooden houses in washing up liquid and water for a few hours and gave them a good scrub and the did come out very well!

I recommend this seller I have two of their houses and know lots of other piggies parents that have them!

WHELBANDS ASSORTED PET SHELTERS | eBay Stores

There is going to be some urine staining. Not much can be done about that.

The biggest issue with corner houses is that most will only have one door. These can cause problems where one piggy gets trapped inside. Best to always get hides with two exits

Thank you, very helpful. Will take a look at the link. Staining is to be expected but was keen to find something that wouldn't rot.

In my experience all wooden hides will have some sort of cosmetic staining from poops or urine.
I soaked my wooden houses in washing up liquid and water for a few hours and gave them a good scrub and the did come out very well!

I recommend this seller I have two of their houses and know lots of other piggies parents that have them!

WHELBANDS ASSORTED PET SHELTERS | eBay Stores
These look really nice shelters. Are the ones with a ramp ok in practice? Just wondering if piggies could tumble off/it would raise them too high in C&C cage?

So I actually made a canopy for my castle with the ramp, my cage is slightly lower than a C&C but In theory they could jump out.
My cage is on cupboards so it’s not something I like to risk!

These are the two I have.
ADBDD1CC-65E9-4234-A797-28CF67B18372.webpB24C821F-9448-4F8E-A90D-80A5876FDB52.webp

Those look great, thank you for posting. If I go for one of the raised ones, I'll put it in the back corner so there's a wall either side (enclosure will be in corner of room) :-)

We have one of these: Corner hide

It's quite versatile, is great for a zoomies circuit, and has the all important two exits. It does stain but I don't think there's much I can do about it, apart from keeping on cleaning. Not the cheapest but not a bad price as it seems quite durable so far!

I just use cardboard boxes for hides. Specifically ones I've cut the floor out of, to limit the urine damage. I get quite a lot of courier deliveries and also some family & friends save me boxes, so I'm able to be really picky about dimenstions and stability to fit my space and layouts best. The new ZP boxes, when opened at the bottom, leaving the tearstrip intact are a current favourite as they're extra strong. And when the staining is bad I can just bin them.

Definitely not cute though, unless you spend extra time on decor.

I just use cardboard boxes for hides. Specifically ones I've cut the floor out of, to limit the urine damage. I get quite a lot of courier deliveries and also some family & friends save me boxes, so I'm able to be really picky about dimenstions and stability to fit my space and layouts best. The new ZP boxes, when opened at the bottom, leaving the tearstrip intact are a current favourite as they're extra strong. And when the staining is bad I can just bin them.

Definitely not cute though, unless you spend extra time on decor.
That's a great idea. We used to have gerbils for a number of years, and they always liked the excitement of new boxes in their enclosure :-)

Back