Corn & Pistachios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ati Ebrahimi

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've read that u can give guinea pigs corn once a week but I have seen people give them so much corn, how much is good for them?
Also my friend gives pistachios to her rabbit but I read nuts are bad, can I give some to my guinea pig?

I've read that you can give guinea pigs corn once a week but I have seen people give them so much corn, how much is good for them?
Also my friend gives pistachios to her rabbit but I read nuts are bad, can I give some to my guinea pig?

All nuts are a no-no for guinea pigs.

Sweetcorn (all parts of a husk can be given), but as it is very energy dense only either in small quantities or as a special treat.
Edible And Forbidden Veg And Fruit List With Vitamin C Grading

By the way you can give the leaves and stalks of sweet corn plants to the guineas as well, if you grow your own. Ours only get the plant parts, we eat the cobs ourselves. Then they can have them everyday in season.

By the way you can give the leaves and stalks of sweet corn plants to the guineas as well, if you grow your own. Ours only get the plant parts, we eat the cobs ourselves. Then they can have them everyday in season.

Good to know, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back