Cooling plates

Fluffy17

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys! Has any of u ever tried using cooling plates? I was thinking of buying some for the summer, i already tried buying cooling liners and they are great! But was wondering of these are somewhat better my only issue is that pee won’t obviously go through

Attachments

• IMG_7734.webp
    IMG_7734.webp
    7.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7735.webp
    IMG_7735.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 18
these are the cooling liners that i already bought

Attachments

• IMG_7736.webp
    IMG_7736.webp
    84.7 KB · Views: 17
I freeze bottles of water or put heat pads in the fridge overnight. I’ve never used these cooling pads but maybe someone has.

Same here also - ice packs wrapped in towels, frozen bottles of water or snugglesafes put in the fridge to go cold

I’d say most of the day as when they are not frozen anymore they are still cool.

I think it's a good idea to wrap any solid frozen thing in a towel anyway, to avoid burning their skin, so the towel will take care of the pee.

sorry to jump on the post guys but want to ask you are meant to cover the snuggle safes once they’ve been in the fridge aren’t you?

sorry to jump on the post guys but want to ask you are meant to cover the snuggle safes once they’ve been in the fridge aren’t you?

Technically Snugglesafes are for heating rather than refrigerating but I have refrigerated them though.
I do not cover if I refrigerate them.

You need to wrap frozen things to avoid freeze burn, but not just things that have been in the fridge. If the pigs find them too chilly they will move away.

Back