cooling in the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnasPiggies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
In the summer what do you use to cool down your sheds.
My guinea pigs will go outside in the summer but at night how could i keep them coool.
Anna x :)

In the summer my piggies are out all day with plenty of fresh veg and water O0

I used to have a fan but decided they are no good as they just waft around warm air so i just leave all the windows and doors open for them if i go out somewhere but at night times i just shut them away as its not as hot in the night O0

o its jst tht my perants aay tht it is still hot a night
i will have them outside in day i was jst wondering about night because my shed hasnt got a window that opens which is a pain.
Anna x

I put mine in outside Hutches during the summer months for the night time which are in a shady spot. They spend most days in the run :)

my piggies have a large outside run which has slabs for a base which they can get into at any time,they also have marble tiles called chin-chillers in their shed,they love to lay on them,and they also absolutely love their shallow base of a hamster cage(around 2 inches deep made of plastic) with an inch or so of water,they run and splash around in it for hours,chasing each other through it and sometimes just sitting in it :smitten: never thought they would use it but they all surprised me last year when they did straight away,they end up looking scruffy until they dry but they do love it ::)

We have a fan in the shed but try to move as many piggys out as possible, (they are in outdooer hutches in the shed so we can easily move them out) if it is a really hot day then squash bottles filled with water most of the way and then frozen wrapped in cloth then popped in hutches make great cost effective coolers O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back