• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

'constipated'

Status
Not open for further replies.

starla

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
weird question, I don't know if guineas get constipated but I think one of my older girls is. She is only doing very small but quite hard poops and she sits with her fur puffed out. As soon as I put food down she's still interested, still drinking and peeing ok, she was fine until yesterday evening when this started. I swear it's the poop thing causing the trouble...is there anything I can give her to help 'flush it through' or will she be alright on her own.... :-\ :'( I don't think it's impaction by the way...can sows get impaction though?

Does she squeak when trying to poop? It could be that she is blocked up - hopefully an expert will be able to give some good advise, maybe increase her veg and see if that helps?

no she doesn't squeak...but almost seems to be straining :(

One of ours was like this - we had to get some Lactulose from the vets. Could be colic maybe? I think you should take her to thevets to be on the safe side..

Yes,gps can get constipated.,and and only boars get impaction.

Give her lots of water by syringe,and 1 ml of olive oil.If you have any dandelion leaves in the garden,gtive her a few of these as they have laxative properties.

If there is no improvement by the morning,get an early appointment with a vet.

hoping your little baby gets better, my little baby has the opposite she has soft pooops. thanks maryh for the heads up on the dandilions, we use to give them to zoe but haven't for a while. sending hugs and cuddles to you and your baby. please keep us updated. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

just to thank everyone who replied y/day, orchid is feeling much better now...she is pooping normally O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back