• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Concerned. Pics added

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well I checked Gus's foot again tonight an its spread slightly to the pad of his foot. I took some photos to show you all, but I think it's off to the vet with him. What do you think it is?
mankyfoot.jpg

Apologise fo the state of his manicure, he doesn't like toothbrushes and believe it or not he just had a bath on sunday!
DSCN0076small.jpg

Sorry second image isn't great but he was not chufed at being held on his side to get a decent photo. My housemate thinks I'm mad.
Is there anything I can do for him in the meantine? I read I should bathe his foot? What would I use for this? I don't have any piggy first aid really but I'm going to try to order some online now. I hate it when they're ill!

Obviously, I'm not a vet, it could be fungal and the start of bumblefoot, but it might just be hard skin ::)
If it's red, feels warmer (?) and swollen, then it's indicative of infection...so yes a vet visit as soon as possible is wise.

Tonight? I'd bathe it in warm salt water, I'd use a couple of generous pinches to a small cup.
Dry well, then bed him down on newspaper and very soft hay or old towels.
If he were mine I'd rub some pure aloe vera gel onto his pad as a first aid measure.

If he's bright in himself, try not to worry, he'll be fine until you get him to your vet. Obviously as soon as you can :)

Good luck and keep us updated.
Barbara

Thanks cavykind and Gus & jack the pictures look just like Fizzi's foot.will bathe in salt water today . Thanks again

it does look a little swollen but as already said bumble foot you would not miss, it makes the foot bright red and very swollen and it happens quickly dobbys was fine one day and bad the next,i know this becasue i checked his nails for a manicure, if you have a bacterial hand wash or an alcohol based one use this as a foot wash as Vedra said it kills any bugs good luck at the vets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back