• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Concerned about Molly's weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingerpig

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I wondered if you can tell me if you think my pigs are way too fat. People often think Molly is preggie but she's just plump!

I've weighed them this morning:

Molly (age 2and a half nearly) 1100g / 2lb 7 oz

Smudge (age 8 months) 830g / 1lb 14oz

Bella (7 months) 980g / 2lb 3oz

Truffle (7 months) 950g / 21b 1oz

Rosie (3 months) 710g/ 1lb 9oz

I'm not too worried about the others, mainly Molly, but if I am overfeeding you might be able to tell from the weight and ages of the others, in case they are all heading for obesity! (Smudge is quite small, apparently her father was only little)

Any comments very much appreciated. Thanks for reading.

i wouldn't worry my 19 month old squeak is 1300g but looks fine on it and out of the adults, the lowest weight is about 645g, like humans we all come in different sizes and shapes ;D

kellyandpiggies♥ said:
I think they are great weights :) Better that they get some weight on them :)

Yep, then if they fall ill they've got a bit of weight to fall back on :)

Agreed. Riffy weighs about the same as Molly and about the same age, and my vet always says how healthy Riffy is.

Oh yeah great weights for them all O0
Totally agree with the others, better to have a little piggie with some love handles :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back