Colouring in for mindfulness

weepweeps

Senior Guinea Pig
Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Me and @Claire W are going to do some colouring in the next few days to help with our mental health and mindfulness. My books and pens are in the loft and she needs to find hers. Lol. Watch this space. We will be posting our pics soon.

Sounds really fun and relaxing, my daughter did some colouring for mindfulness on the recommendation of her CBT counsellor, and my 2 nephews who are at completely opposite ends of the autism-aspergers spectrum have loads of the adult mindfulness colouring books- the anxious obsessive boy to relax and feel in control, the hyperactive obsessive boy to calm down and focus his energy, we have animals, sloths, mandalas, they cut their favourites out to put on the fridge door :)

It’s really very good. I can’t wait to get my books and pens back down from the attic.

I look forward to seeing your pictures. I used to colour a lot, I have several piggie colouring books. I don't seem to find the time anymore.

That is one impressive colouring book.
Unfortunately, as someone who struggles to keep within the lines, I don’t find colouring a mindful activity but one that actually induces stress :lol!:

I switched from colouring to kumihimo, and I find it's slightly less prone to causing a rage fit (in my case, anyway).

Sorry to be dense, but What is that?

Well, you know all those braids I sit and do? That's kumihimo. It's originally Japanese, there's a lot of repetitive movement involved which makes it relatively easy to pick up and put down, and I have more braids than I have things to do with them at this point haha.

Well, you know all those braids I sit and do? That's kumihimo. It's originally Japanese, there's a lot of repetitive movement involved which makes it relatively easy to pick up and put down, and I have more braids than I have things to do with them at this point haha.
Aaah, I never knew that they had a name.

I call my crafts ,my switch off mode, l think every one should have one, knitting ,painting ,colouring,something that you do not have to think about ,something you can stop and do for you're 10 minutes time out, with a coffee (a glass of wine) more so if you are a busy person 😉

I call my crafts ,my switch off mode, l think every one should have one, knitting ,painting ,colouring,something that you do not have to think about ,something you can stop and do for you're 10 minutes time out, with a coffee (a glass of wine) more so if you are a busy person 😉

That’s exactly how I feel. Reading, colouring, cross stitch. All help me relax.

Back