Collective Noun for Guinea Pigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banana

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
During a discussion on collective nouns on the way to work, Mr Banana proclaimed that the collective noun for Guinea Pigs should be 'A Blessing' - you can tell he doesn't do the cleaning out can't you! :))

I looked it up when we got to work and it turns out it's actually a Group of Guinea Pigs - a bit boring really. Given the way mine pack the food away I think a Guzzle of Guinea Pigs might be more appropriate.

Anyone else got any good ideas?

Group? - What a boring collective noun for such fascinating creatures!

Lol, I like both Guzzle and Wheek! Suit them down to a tee! Can't really think of one but I like to call mine the Squiggles sometimes, so a Squiggle of Guinea pigs, but that's just my dafty suggestion.

p.s. awww at Mr Banana - a blessing!

I like to call a group of piggies a 'gaggle of guineas':(|)

Group? - What a boring collective noun for such fascinating creatures!

Lol, I like both Guzzle and Wheek! Suit them down to a tee! Can't really think of one but I like to call mine the Squiggles sometimes, so a Squiggle of Guinea pigs, but that's just my dafty suggestion.

p.s. awww at Mr Banana - a blessing!

a squiggly of giggly pigglies!

Awww, a blessing of guinea pigs is so sweet. "A group" is totally rubbish isn't it?! I like guzzle,wheek and cuddle. :)

Ooh ?/ getting my thinking head on now :...
A 'jingle' of guineas - 'guineas' being the cost people paid for them when they first became popular pets so coin related...rolleyes
or a 'posse' of piggies :)

I'm trying to think of a more appropriate name for a group of piggies so I can use it to 'name' my shed! I don't have a boy-pig yet for my herd so I can't call it "[NAME]'s ____" (It will be housing my herd of girls plus one lucky boy if one comes along!)

Haha - as if; I don't even have either of the names...

:(

Oh and I call ours the squigglies or the poogs - so a poog of piggies or a squiggle of piggies? Sometimes I call them a giggle of piggies because they make me laugh with their antics! A group is far too boring!

Maybe they should just be the nom monsters!

Oh and I call ours the squigglies or the poogs - so a poog of piggies or a squiggle of piggies? Sometimes I call them a giggle of piggies because they make me laugh with their antics! A group is far too boring!

Maybe they should just be the nom monsters!

:(|) yay - nomsters rolleyes

I agree with previous suggestions, it's definitely got to be a nom nom of piggles! :))

Oh, thats a bit boring. A group? Mine are always called 'Gang' or 'The Herd'.

Amy
x

Whoever coined the mass nouns either didn't like or know guinea pigs...

Well, no question what's mine! :))

I call mine the little monsters! though thats not really a collective noun, but I like saying 'just going out to feed the monsters!' Haha :)

Actually I'm just going out to feed the little monsters now:))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back