• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Cold?

• Thread starter Thread starter proplus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

proplus

Beckham, one of my boars, has started to sneeze quite a bit since yesterday, and they'll be the odd cough once every 30min. Could this be illness related, like a cold, or could it be that I started using a cage fresh granules last time I cleaned out the cage?

I dont know what cage fresh granules are? If Beckham has only started sneezing since you put them in, this could be the problem but if you are at all worried, pop down to your vets with him :)

Sneezing is most often associated with an allergic reaction.

Does he have any discharge from the nostrils or eyes,and is he ok in himself?

Could you change him back to the original bedding and see what happens?

The only discharge he has is from one eye and that was because a few days ago he rubbed himself against some a bit hard shredded paper.

The cage is do to be cleaned again tonight, I won't put any of the cage fresh granules in this time and see if it'll improve his condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back