• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Cold Sore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billies Mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi

Last night I was kissing my piggy all the way through I'm a Celebrity ..... on his ears, nose, head, chin .... :(

In the middle of the night I woke up for the bathroom and felt a cold sore coming (which is rapidly turning into a 2nd head) - can I have infected my Merlin?

mmm not sure love, have you got some meds you could give him?
I'm sure Mary or Karen will advise you soon O0
Hope you don't get one, they're awful things and painful :'(>:(

I have a HUGE one - it is growing by the minute.

I hate them - i cant kiss my husband or my piggy for at least a week :(

Of course Mary will be able to say for sure, but I thought it was a virus and viruses are more catching before they "show" plus its the herpes virus which as we all know is very contagious, but I think you have to have the virus for it "in you" already and it just needs the right "conditions" to "out" it, I think what I mean is some people are more suseptable to this virus and have it laying dormant in their systems and it needs the right environment (warm, moist) / circumstances (stress etc) to erupt. Although you have it if Merlin isn't prone to them he might not catch it - phew! wish I'd never started now - Where's Mary?! xx0

I hate cold sores they're a pain and I can never get rid of mine. I have one now and its really annoying :tickedoff:

It is very unlikely that Merlin would have caught your cold sore.

Hope it clears up quickly,they are miserable things..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back