coconut dangerous?

piggiemummy03x

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
bought a ‘coconut cottage’ for my girls this christmas however have just seen pigs shouldn’t really eat coconut? is it dangerous to them
or is it safe to give as a one off - i.e this house that they will probably demolish in 3 days🤣

Attachments

• IMG_6128.webp
    IMG_6128.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 2
I do believe guinea pigs can eat coconut, just in moderation as always, so instead of leaving it in for multiple days I would probably use it over a month or two.
Is it just grass/hay and cardboard everywhere else?

I do believe guinea pigs can eat coconut, just in moderation as always, so instead of leaving it in for multiple days I would probably use it over a month or two.

I believe they're carrot cottages, but with a different roof.

good idea! yes:)

amazing! but not for long periods?

It’s fine to put in their cage. Guinea pigs shouldn’t have a lot of carrot but people do not keep removing the carrot cottages. I doubt they’ll eat much of the coconut anyway. It’s like @Lorcan says, just leave it for a few weeks / months before you give them another one after they’ve destroyed it x

It’s fine to put in their cage. Guinea pigs shouldn’t have a lot of carrot but people do not keep removing the carrot cottages. I doubt they’ll eat much of the coconut anyway. It’s like @Lorcan says, just leave it for a few weeks / months before you give them another one after they’ve destroyed it x
thankyou!

Back