• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

coco

madz_maddie

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi. I think the majority of my posts are all about health situations and today my piggie coco, who is about 7 now is just slowly starting to break down a bit. My poor piggie. I don’t want her to suffer any pain so we’ve been hanging out on the floor, i had given her blankets and some heating pads to keep her warm. I still check up on the heating pads so that it doesn’t get too hot. I’ll keep everyone updated as soon as possible. Thanks 🫶

So sorry for you and Coco, hoping you have some quality time with her :hug:

Sorry to read this about Coco - what a little very piggy she is
Enjoy those special moments ❤️

Hi. I think the majority of my posts are all about health situations and today my piggie coco, who is about 7 now is just slowly starting to break down a bit. My poor piggie. I don’t want her to suffer any pain so we’ve been hanging out on the floor, i had given her blankets and some heating pads to keep her warm. I still check up on the heating pads so that it doesn’t get too hot. I’ll keep everyone updated as soon as possible. Thanks 🫶

BIG HUGS

I am very sorry.

Please brace for a natural death being more physical than expected; it all depends on the order in which the organs break down and how strong they are individually. It can get somewhat distressing when oxygen deprivation hits the limps not long before passing away; we call this stage 'running to the Rainbow Bridge'. Thankfully, piggies are pretty much out of it by then; it is just a purely physical reaction. The process is usually quicker in the old and frail as the body has no longer a lot of fight left in it.

Here is our step-by-step guide, which you may find helpful.

My thoughts are with you.

BIG HUGS

I am very sorry.

Please brace that a natural death can be more physical than expected; it all depends on the order in which th organs break down and how strong they are individually. I can get somewhat distressing when oxygen deprivation hits the limps not long before passing away; we call this stage running to the Rainbow Bridge. Thankfully. piggies are mostly out of it by then. The process is usually quicker in the old and frail as the body has no longer a lot of fight in it.
Eric did this - luckily my sister is a vet nurse and as you have said, she told me he wouldn't be aware at this point.
That's pretty much all that happened, he passed very peacefully on my lap 😢
It's nice to think of him toddling off over the Rainbow Bridge my little man 🌈❤️

Back