• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Cloudy eye on blind pig

t3ddy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My 4-5 year old pig Steve was born with some neurological issues and is blind in both eyes. This morning, I noticed one of her eyes has gotten cloudy. She usually has very dark eyes, but now this one is blue-ish. It has never looked as clear as her other eye, and she has never favored one eye over the other. Still, it’s never been this light before. There hasn’t been any change in her behavior or appetite. She still came out of her favorite house today to squeak for food and had no qualms eating.

I plan to take her to the vet soon, but has anyone else’s pigs experienced this? I don’t know what it could be. It doesn’t look like anything poked it, and she seems like herself.

Sorry for the poor picture. She bobs her head often and rarely stays still, so it’s hard to get a clear pic.

Attachments

• 82572E7B-CE9C-461D-A40D-537B067057BE.webp
    82572E7B-CE9C-461D-A40D-537B067057BE.webp
    24 KB · Views: 1
My 4-5 year old pig Steve was born with some neurological issues and is blind in both eyes. This morning, I noticed one of her eyes has gotten cloudy. She usually has very dark eyes, but now this one is blue-ish. It has never looked as clear as her other eye, and she has never favored one eye over the other. Still, it’s never been this light before. There hasn’t been any change in her behavior or appetite. She still came out of her favorite house today to squeak for food and had no qualms eating.

I plan to take her to the vet soon, but has anyone else’s pigs experienced this? I don’t know what it could be. It doesn’t look like anything poked it, and she seems like herself.

Sorry for the poor picture. She bobs her head often and rarely stays still, so it’s hard to get a clear pic.

Hi

Please have her vet checked for an ulcerating eye injury (hay poke or something scratchy under a lid); ideally within 24 hours of you noticing.

Back