• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

clipping nails

• Thread starter Thread starter Jennifer1990
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jennifer1990

Hi I know where to cut their nails but i was just wondering if it is ok if you use normal nail clippers that we would use or if i eood need to but the proper ones ? ?

I use the nail clipper of my cats on the white nails and a file on the black ones.

I use my own nail clippers! :embarassed:
It's very simple to trim piggies nails. If your not sure get your vets to show you!
If your piggy has black nails shine a light like a small torch under neath and this should show you wehere the blood vessle ends!
Be carefulk not to cut the blood vessel becuase this can hurt your piggy and make it feel uncomfortable!

Hey thanks for telling me i have already asked my vet about where to cut their nails but i was making sure i could use my clippers incase i hurt them or something! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back