• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Clicking noise when breathing

Jaxsoy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
One of my new guinea pigs makes a sort of clicking noise when he breathes. I know that he used to have a URI, but the place where I got him treated him for it with antibiotics and said he was fine. I’ve had him for about a month and he’s still doing great besides the weird noise when he breathes. It’s not loud or anything, just when I put my ear up to his face I can hear little clicking noises. He has no other symptoms of a URI from what I can tell. Still eats and drinks like normal, has normal eyes, no discharge from nose, moves around and squeaks when I hold him. Is this something to be worried about?

It sounds like it's possibly not fully gone to me. Your piggy may need another course of antibiotics as sometimes these URI's are very difficult to shift. Do you have an exotic vet that you could get to - or maybe have a video consult with, in these strange times? There's a vet locator tab at the top of the page if that helps.

Back