Cleaning

piggl

Forum Donator 2024/25
Reaction score
How do you clean hides and such, the items I have in my cage are mostly wood and in the really concentrated areas the bottoms of them are gross.

We will be picking up a baby boar tomorrow and would like everything to be clean, with fingers crossed the initial bonding goes well, and although the fleece will be clean I am not so sure about the wooden hides that are kind of brown and gross. It is something I should have done earlier but I did not get round to doing it as I am quite lazy, haha.

I was thinking either warm water and fairy liquid, just wiped down with a cloth or a Dettol wipe or such. I would give it adequate time to dry but do not want to use anything that will harm my boys or the items themselves.

I always use vinegar to clean my boys' living quarters. I mix 50% vinegar and 50% water in spray bottle to clean their cages. I leave fleece beddings in vinegar water to soak after a hand wash with soap. Paper beddings and puppy pee pads get thrown out.
Mind are indoor boys so cleaning is pretty easy so I spot clean daily.

Could/would you recommend one item in particular?
I have had a look at their site and i’m not quite sure where to look.

Either one of those is good.
You are looking for the disinfectant not antiseptic version.

The first picture is a ready to use spray. Works out more expensive but is the easier option.
The second one is a concentrate. You mix with water as per the instructions and to the desired concentration.

Attachments

• IMG_2911.webp
    IMG_2911.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2910.webp
    IMG_2910.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 5
I used to get F10 from Amazon. I brought the spray bottle the first time then kept it and just got the cheaper concentrates after that

I buy the concentrated version and dilute it into a cheap sprayer that I got from Tesco.

Back