Cleaning

Rainah

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have 2 male Piggy's, how often do you clean your guinea pigs out? I'm curious, I cleaned mine out on Monday and looks like they might need another clean out either today or tomorrow

What kind of set up do you have?

Are the indoors or outdoors?

My piggies inside are in a c and c cage of 2x5 on fleece, I find they need cleaning out about twice a week, with some sweeping every other day to remove the poop from the areas they tend to sit on alot

I also have a hay box which is just a shallow cats litter tray filled with woodshavings and hay and that gets dirty fast so I clean that out every other day.

But my two outside have a larger area so downstairs is cleaned out every two weeks with spot cleaning while upstairs where they sleep is twice a week aswell with spot cleaning.

Mine are in an indoor cage on fleece with puppy pads under the fleece. They have 3 litter trays with wood pellets then hay on top.

I spot clean the fleece every morning which is hoover up the poops and sweep up any stray hay. Every 3-4 days I will replace the fleece and puppy pads, wipe down the cage with antibacterial spray before adding the clean pads and fleece. Dirty fleece goes in the washing machine, pads get binned. Litter trays get emptied and wiped out usually every other day but some days it's needed to be cleaned daily.

It's much quicker and easier than I expected and the cages look so nice and fresh.

Mine are in an outside hutch which I'm currently custermising it bigger so they have a big run on the grass possibly future expansions but I will see how they get on with this first, I clean them out once or twice a week, they didn't take well to fleece and puppy pads they love their sawdust too much

Once a week, but we have 2 in a 3x6 c&c so lots of space so it doesn't get too filthy. The smaller the space and the more the pigs the more cleaning has to be done...

Back