cleaning them out - in shed free range

• Thread starter Thread starter goldilocks
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goldilocks

Hi how often should i clean the pigs out? they are in the shed free range with hay and dried grass as a carpet. Would once a week be ok? used to do twice a week in the hutch and they werent out of it as much as in the shed

Yeah weekly sounds OK to me. You might just want to do a daily clean up if they have a "toilet" area. Good luck O0

Only you can judge really...does it start smelling before a week? Weekly sounds fine to me, if there is a certain area they poop/pee in more than others then you should clean that more often but otherwise weekly is fine.

thanks guys they only have been in since sun but can see a couple of areas they pee in more than others

they wont use their hayrack but eat it off the floor but will eat the dried grass from the other hayrack?

If you do the big pee areas everyday, that will lighten your workload - only you know how much poopeys they do ;D

mine have a toilet area which i clean everyday and then i clean them out completly every Monday and Friday because they are in my bedroom and i dont want it to get smelly :)

I clean up the toilet area everyday and then do a proper clean twice every week. O0

I think it depends how many piggies and how big the shed. I have 2 boars in a 6 foot x 2.5 foot cage and they only need cleaning weekly but my 2 boars in a double 4ft hutch need cleaning at least 3 times a wheek ::)

Mine are free range in the shed, I honestly think only you will know when to clean them out as the girls are dirty mares and wee and poo everywhere, I clean them out every other day,but jake I just spot clean as he only wees and poos in one corner of the run and one corner in his hutch, so I can get away with a proper clean out every four days, a bit trial and error really :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back