cleaning the house?

• Thread starter Thread starter angelgoddessas
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

angelgoddessas

Can you use bleach or household cleaner to clean the cage or no? This is probably a stupid question, but I don't want to hurt my babes!

The safest option is to scrub the cage with some hot water with a tiny bit of fairy liquid, then towel dry the area, then use this fantastic animal friendly disinfectant called Trigene O0

It may seem expensive at first but as the info states it will go a very very long way, plus its recommended by everyone in the animal care world. :)

We use Virkon it is a great disinfectant and you can get it through the postin tablet form that you add one tablet to 500mls of water then get spraying! very convenient.

I use Pet disinfectant from Asda and works a treat I put some in boiling hot water to clean cages out that way. Wouldn't use bleach or anything that I wasn't sure about. :)

i thought white vinegar was a preferred plan or was that just for correx?
Si

I use keep it clean pet-safe disinfectant, it says you can also use it as a pet body spray ( :o) but obviously I dont do that. Its quite good asnd it also works for cleaning accidents off the carpet

i use the keep it clean too, i spray it on the cage floor after every cage clean then put the newspaper and hay on top so they dont come in contact with it but it keeps the smell down as they are cleaned everyday anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back