• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Cleaning Syringes

• Thread starter Thread starter GaryandJulie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GaryandJulie

We have a few 1ml syringes that have had antibiotics in (Baytril) and are wanting to clean them for giving our two boys water. Is milton OK to use for sterilising them? Or should we just use boiling water or would this melt them?!? :-\

That's a good idea. I think my water bottle is probably a bit manky by now. I have used the rice technique for cleaning it.

The unfortunate thing with syringes is that they are designed for single use and don't wash or sterilise well and always end up sticking and being neither use no ornament ::)

Barbara

If you buy them in a large quantity then they are very cheap. Why not contact Gina and see if she has any or Sue at SPH Supplies
then you will only need to use them a couple of times. Some of mine end up chewing them anyway ::)

karenrgpr said:
If you buy them in a large quantity then they are very cheap. Why not contact Gina and see if she has any or Sue at SPH Supplies
then you will only need to use them a couple of times. Some of mine end up chewing them anyway ::)

I'll try SPH supplies too, I've been using my stash while making my scented wax tarts and I'm running dangerously low ::)

Barbara

cavykind said:
making my scented wax tarts and I'm running dangerously low ::)

Barbara

Sorry to be nosey - but what's that?

I throw them away after using them. Get mine from the chemist - they know I am diabetic so I can get them for free sometimes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back