Cleaning out..

• Thread starter Thread starter Toby&Patchy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Toby&Patchy

How often do you clean your guinea's out?

I just thought that I might not be cleaning them out on the right times ect.

I have 2 piigs and I clean them out on a Monday and Sunday. Enough? Too little? Too much?

:)

I usually clean mine out twice a week, but sometimes if they are ok I shall leave them for a full week. Sometimes the girls will need replacing of the bedding three times a week - depends really, but i clean the poops out everyday cose they poo so much :)

Does that mean you clean them sunday, then the day after then?

I'll normally clean mine out twice a week - and spot clean every day. If I think they're smelling too much then I'll clean them out more.

Well, it depends how dirty they are really.

I clean their litter trays and their ramp about twice a week because they get dirty quickly. I spot clean everyday too. I clean the whole of the cage about once a week and that's fine for them :)

It depends on your piggies, what bedding you use, whether you spot clean, how big the cage is etc.

No (: I mean I clean them out on a Monday and spot cleaning on a sunday to make it abit easier on a Monday :P Is that alright?

Spot check them out every day :D
clean out thoroughly every other day or every 3 days depending how i feel ;D

I clean every other day. Mine poop and wee EVERYWHERE! so if its done any less than this then its very soggy underfoot and it smells!
I reckon once a week probably isn't nearly enough, but that's just my opinion :)

Twice a week or sometimes more in winter. In summer once or twice a week if they have been out in runs alot.

Loopylou said:
I reckon once a week probably isn't nearly enough, but that's just my opinion :)

I really do think it just depends on the piggies. Mine do most of their poops and pees in their litter trays so they are cleaned daily. Cage is spot cleaned loads of times a day too. The fleece is never wet and it never smells so I don't see the problem..

I put a layer of hay down every few days to cover up any soiled bedding, then do a big clean every Saturday :)

At the moment am using wood shavings (till this bag finish and then i'll be megazorb) but I clean them out every second or third day.

Jane said:
Loopylou said:

I really do think it just depends on the piggies. Mine do most of their poops and pees in their litter trays so they are cleaned daily. Cage is spot cleaned loads of times a day too. The fleece is never wet and it never smells so I don't see the problem..

I agree - that sounds plenty because you are spot cleaning every day and your pigs are tidy! I really just meant if they were only given a full clean out once a week and not much more than that.

Loopylou said:
Jane said:
Loopylou said:

I agree - that sounds plenty because you are spot cleaning every day and your pigs are tidy! I really just meant if they were only given a full clean out once a week and not much more than that.

Ahh right, I understand now ;) I thought you were saying what I did still wasn't enough. Sorry. O0

It also depends on what you use, how big the cage/hutch or housing is and how many piggies live in it O0

My college has HUGE housing accommodation for their guinea pigs and rabbits and that needs cleaning out thoroughly like 2 times a month :D

my lot are on aubiose and have loads of space so once a week is fine, I suppose if you only have small cages/hutches then more often would be necessary O0

Sleeping area every day and large running area 2 or 3 times a wheek.Am having ongoing argument with the men at local tip who will not put piggy hay and hemcore in the green recycling skip,so now I put newspaper wet or not into newspaper wheelie bin, hay and hemcore in green wheely bin and vet bed is washed and reused as usual!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back