cleaning out time

• Thread starter Thread starter poodles
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

poodles

hi all

i have 6 piggies, i was wondering what you do with the paper and hay that gets cleaned out from your piggies homes.
i tried composting mine, but am getting a large build up.
any suggestions please?

I dont have a composter and our binmen wont take it so it's weekly trips to the tip for me, which i dont mind as i have one thats local.

Julie

woowoo30 said:
I dont have a composter and our binmen wont take it so it's weekly trips to the tip for me, which i dont mind as i have one thats local.

Julie

i have been doing that recently, but i keep getting hasseld by the people who work there.
I think if i do it much more they will start charging me :(

lisa

>:( I get hasseled each time at my dump >:( I have asked the council for another green bin which I can put my hutch mess into for composting, but they said no, to black bin it and take up the dump >:( I compost what I can at home :-\ Sooo cross with council >:(

Diane

I put some in my bin and take a trip also to the local tip once a week.I never get hassle at the local tip thank goodness.

Local allotment holders are always looking for piggy & rabbit waste for their compost - you may even be able to get one of them to pick it up from your house, thats what i do!

i put mine in the black bin my dad squash it al l donw thna we put stuff on top it and the in man never know heh

Mmmm interesting! Sorry cant comment but, have no guinea piggies yet :-\

there was another thread about this recently:

http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=3669.0

I guess we are really lucky having an open fireplace because I hate having to put any more out for the binmen than I absolutely have to, but newspaper does fill a compost bin very quickly.
We can recycle newspapers here but only clean ones!

it looks like most of us do the same with the waste then ::)

thanks for your ideas

I have to compost my stuff, just have to have a pile in the garden. :(

we are not allowed to put in the wheelie bin and our nearest tip is 3 hours away :(
I have 14 piggies and 2 rabbits :)and clean out 3 times aweek so I have a lot of waste
but they are worth it

karen

snugglypig said:
we are not allowed to put in the wheelie bin and our nearest tip is 3 hours away :(
I have 14 piggies and 2 rabbits :)and clean out 3 times aweek so I have a lot of waste
but they are worth it
karen
:) Thats so awesome. You have so many guinea piggies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back