Cleaning Boars Man Bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloriousGuineaGirl

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I have been checking Edgar and Poe's bits and they seem ok. Some people have said that you should reg clean them with a cotton ball bud etc. Is this just standard or only if they become stinky there or have a build up?

Last edited:
I would recommend to check their bits once weekly with their weigh-in and quick general health check, so things can't get all that bad in the first place.

I check and weigh them weekly so far all fit and healthy! Poe :xd:was a bit stinky the other day but today he is fine. Think he was sending his Alpha smell out to edgar!

I check my 2 boars when I weigh them each week. Usually no cleaning required but Mitch has a protruding penis so I currently clean this every week with warm water & a cotton bud. Hopefully he'll eventually be able to tuck it away like Rex.

Checking is one thing - this should be done regularly. Most boars should clean themselves so active cleaning by slaves is not encouraged as it could actually start to cause more problems than it prevents.

Cleaning is completely separate function - not normally necessary unless you have a stinky/frilly/cauliflower willy boy - or one with impaction - and if you do, you will know about it!

x

I check my 2 boars when I weigh them each week. Usually no cleaning required but Mitch has a protruding penis so I currently clean this every week with warm water & a cotton bud. Hopefully he'll eventually be able to tuck it away like Rex.

Have you tried applying KY after cleaning - it should help it "pop back in".
x

I usually give mine a wipe with a baby wipe about once a week. Is that ok? They never seem particularly dirty or smelly or anything just got in the habit of doing that quickly once a week along with a quick wipe of their grease gland and ears. They absolutely hate having their manly bits touched poor things they squeal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back