• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Cleaning Boar bits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Was having a check over my guys today and I found some white gunky stuff in Jacks butt. Not sure what you call it but its the sack part that can get impacted. He's not impacted and he's only 5 months old so I was wondering what would be best to clean it with? Bearing in mind he hates being manhandled and I'd probably have to get someone to hold him still for me to be able to do the cleaning. Anyone got any ideas?
Had another question, I just want to check that swarfega is ok to use on their grease glands, thought I'd heard it mentioned but wasn't sure. What else could be used to clean it up?
Duh, have just read the post entitled swarfega so guess you can ignore the second question.

Did that white gunky stuff stink?
we did the one that has an impacted bum again today and OMG phew the smell :o

gus and jack said:
I don't think it stank but then I have a really blocked nose and can't smell a thing at the minute.

lol if it did youre lucky you have a blocked nose

Is Jack in with another boar? My pig Hurley had gunky white stuff on his bum and it was, erm.... stuff left from being humped by Hugo

It's called secum and is a normal but incredibly smelly substance that lines the sac :)

kayjay said:
Is Jack in with another boar? My pig Hurley had gunky white stuff on his bum and it was, erm.... stuff left from being humped by Hugo

:-\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back