Clean Cage Out

How big is your cage and how many piggies do you have?
Also what do you use as bedding (shavings, fitch, etc?).

A larger cage needs cleaning less often, but all cages should be spot cleaned every day.
I also rinse all food bowls, and give fresh water and hay daily.

Ah okay so it's 2.4 foot by 1.6 foot? You'll probably have to clean that out a lot as unfortunately it's half the size of the recommended cage size so you may of had some misinformation at the pet store :(

I think it's more of a hamster cage, even though they're often advertised for other small animals they do it to make money sadly.

Oh okay that'll be good, is it boys or girls you have? :) 4 foot by 2 foot is the minimum size for girlies and 5 foot by 2 foot for boys :) They'll enjoy popcorning around the extra space! :D

Oh lovely! What cage did you opt for? I've got a C&C cage and that was super cheap and easy to set up :)

Oh right, well it's a little under the recommended cage size guidlines but it'll give them a bit more space :)

You can always give them plenty of hours of indoor run time to give them the extra space! :)

That's a fab idea :) I got a puppy pen that was cheap and easy to store, it's a wire one that you put up with pegs and take down which gives them plenty of space and isn't as much hassle as some of the ones I've had before!

it depends on the number of piggies ,type of bedding used,size of a cage.in my 120cm x 60cm i use a layer of megasorb and a layer of hemp bedding ,this lasts one week with two piggies in before it smells.

Back